Monday, March 23, 2015

1193 - 1202

1193 baja shrimp tacos with creamy chipotle sauce, red cabbage, cilantro - [rusty taco] - delicious 1194 a few afternoon and evening hours with matthew + lisa. their insight, passion, patience + wisdom. it is a gift to be invited into this home, to hear their love for the Church. they ask questions, challenge me, and make observations about what they see in my life, draw me out, and push me to engage with my habits, my fears. all in gentleness and love. 1195 the still-standing invitation to make my home here 1196 frozen black grapes 1197 messages and phone calls from my lindsey joy, keeping me present in her tender heart and her wise thoughts, an honor. 1198 a new home, a quiet street, affordable rent (even cheaper than we had thought!), with rach, all our own space. excited for the first week of april. 1199 sermon from 2 corinthians 10 - placing ourselves underneath the authority of God's word rather than lording ourselves over it with our opinions, our likes and dislikes, criticisms. 1200 seeing j. walk over the 11th st. bridge, home from church. no conversation, not even eye contact. just knowing the kind of man that he is, the depth to which he loves God and loves people - convicts me and challenges me. God, teach me to have this kind of heart for You. 1201 gold medal park with the boys. the ups and downs on the hill, both on and off the path. the view of the water, the old stone arch bridge, and the old gold medal mill to the south. 1202 the deep blue guthrie theater with its floating appendage projecting towards the water

No comments:

Post a Comment