Friday, November 22, 2013

284-294

284. heat. heat. heat. heat.

285. hot chocolate in a new mug

286. quiet afternoons when Norah naps and Ben sits quietly on the couch watching Jake the Pirate and my dishwasher sings of a job well done.

287. a sparkling clean kitchen. at least counters clutter free and swiped down, dishes done, daylight streaming in from the window

288. tasks that seemed daunting to proceed ahead with, and then the accomplishment of being able to check them off the list

289. thankful for the grace of the police officer not giving us a full ticket, even though our rear window was obstructed in view, no proof of insurance, and expired tabs.  a small fine is nothing compared to our fully deserved punishment.

290. thankful for the gift of travel. Since marrying Nathan, I have traveled more by plane, by train, and by plush vehicle more than I ever did growing up. So thankful he takes me on trips, flies me places, and gets us out of the house. 

291. that I have my eye sight. that I am not swarming with unknown disease like I have in my past, thankful that I put my contacts in without pain or a hefty price to pay, and that I can wear my glasses and not feel like a total dog. [a lot of times, yes, but there is room to dress them up:)]

292. grateful for a responsible husband. he is never lazy, dead beat, or selfish in thinking. he cleans out the van and vacuums it without asking, spends hours on the phone taking care of insurance policies and coverage, and fills my vehicle with gas, unprompted. I know these are huge gifts. 

293. that Norah still cuddles with me. she caresses my face, squeezes my neck, and cozies up against my chest without being sick or tired, she just comes to find me and I love it that she wants to be close to me. it makes me feel so special and loved by her.

294. and I love that her hair has finally grown, giving her a more feminine look, and we get to experiment with bows and braids and pig tails. 

No comments:

Post a Comment