Monday, December 28, 2015

1657-1665

1657. fresh bread made by my hidden talented baker Nathan! His bread tastes wonderful, and it pairs perfectly well with Kerrygold Irish grass fed butter. makes my heart so happy to eat it. 

1658. although i am not super confident or a self assured hostess [hopefully that isn't completely bad] i am thankful to the Lord for helping me open our home to so many people and offer simple, yet warm and purposeful hospitality. It is stretching me to forget myself,  not over analyze or get caught up in a performance, but to be a little candle light and make sure people feel loved with a Christ love. It is Him and Him alone at work within me, none of it is my fearful, uncertain, busybody self. Thank you Jesus for giving me numerous chances to love despite my anxiety and fear. We will be having overnight guests which again, causes that doubt and worry to rise up in my flesh, but I know He is good and He will direct my steps. 

1659. umbrellas. the wet light that bounces off the street from gathered raindrops. the gray clouds with the hint of sun behind them. 

1660. little floral printed shirt for koko. it looks so cute on her, with her tiny curls hugging the edges of her face, and her hair gathered in a wild bun. I love her. 

1661. a husband that washes the dishes by hand over and over again, even though we should be taking turns, who loads the washer with stacked up dirty clothes, who organizes the trash bins with recycled things, compost, and regular trash. He is such an unselfish and thoughtful person and i don't deserve a man who cares for our household so well. 

1662. a few trips slowly turning from just talk to in the works..

1663. walking home from where ever we are, i just love that we can walk and know where things are and are capable to get ourselves places without having to rely on outside transportation. 

1664. all the wonderful presents sent to us in card board boxes, making it a very joyful Christmas morning for us.  i am humbled at the generosity of others. 

1665. new makeup brushes, a beautiful makeup pallet on its way, adding to my little budding love of makeup narnia 

No comments:

Post a Comment