Sunday, December 21, 2014

851.-857

851. three of the tiniest wooden spice bowls for bengali mama's kitchen. gifted by one who has take the time to know me over time, pursue me well in purity, just outside my first love, he never tops or tries to compete in any way, yet he is there, consistent with words, thoughtful gifts, and acts that let me know i am loved.

852. her, tiny tiny elf, her knee high socks black boots shoved up against my brown knees. we only grow, share, and the commonality between us only grows. she listens to me as i am learning how to navigate friendships, and i listen to her as she learns how to do the same. so glad he found her and so glad i found her too..

853. a sturdy, yet delicate tiny sky blue tea pot, perched on the back burner of my stove top. reminds me of them and their thoughtfulness.

854. liv is doing better. no fever, back to scooting her fat belly across the carpet and cooing and screeching just as loud as ever.

855. 4 wrapped gifts so proud and tall, all in a row. i hope my friends like them. 

856. Great Lakes Red by Leelanau Cellars. one of my favorite tasting wines, humbly priced as it may be.

857. tried out a new soup today. a spinach and sausage butternut squash ravioli soup. it turned out really well and it got me excited that i hit it-you know when you know? our guests were so encouraging and vocal about it, i felt so special that it turned out and i can't wait to make it again tomorrow. it affirms me and encourages me as a home cook that i am continuing to grow and get better and able to draw from my experience and knowledge about tastes and textures and flavors that should go together..i still have so much [always have] far to go, but i am thankful i am steps ahead of the beginning of my cooking endeavors..


No comments:

Post a Comment