Saturday, December 20, 2014

827-835

827.  indian food so generously brought over by dear friend PP. teaches me humility to step aside in my own kitchen to let him at it, and to offer his own wonderful gifts of good eats. i am thankful. 

828. that husband of mine...he continues day after day, to pursue, edify, and harvest me. he is purposeful with the word of encouragement and affirmation-all the nooks and crannies that are darkened with fear and insecurity, he makes a bee line for those dusty places and sweeps out the cobwebs and build up and flings open the shades shedding vibrant light life and freshened air. i am forever thankful for how the Lord waters me through the gift of being this man's wife. He thoughtfully serves me and cares for me in both weakness and strength. 

829. the other week i had to be single* mom of three and by His grace and His ability in me, it was a peaceful and successful week and the peace that only He can give was present in a very tangible way. I could physically, emotionally, and spiritually feel it. the kids were so helpful and sensitive to what we were all up against-navigating without dad, and responded so appropriately and so well. i am so proud of them, and even a little bit of myself that i was capable and equipped to make it through the week.

830. the next week did not go so well, but that is not to say at all the God did not come through for me. because he so did. And i am also thankful for bits of joy and saving grace amidst chaos and trials of overwhelmness. [i know that's not a word, but so what.] the couple who is heavy with child, picking up their quiet evening to drive all the way out to my van, failed with a flat tire, and remove it, patch it up, replace it-all in the rain, and drive it all the way back to my house, good as new. the dear 1 of my 6 best friends, lindsey, who also, gathered her relaxing afternoon and drove out to rescue me and my littles stranded at the gas station and bring us all the way home, not even a question or a hesitation. 

831. my 6 best friends. all for different wonderful reasons, for length, for tenderness, for pursual, for consistency, for commonality, for taking the time to give as much as receive, for thoughtfulness, for wisdom, for beauty and love-all these they all possess these qualities so well, and I am overjoyed and thankful that God would choose to gift me with such intimate friends. cece, m&m, habibT, inditwinsie, jeanniebaby, caseypeanutbutter, and stephy...i love these women so much. 

832. tams introduced me to the tiniest most delightful puerto rican restaurant and i am in. love.

833. tamm and i got to hang out all week and it was so fun. i love her and am so thankful at how our friendship has only deepened over time. 

834. surprise visit from james and lex at the christmas party!! 

835. little pockets of reconciliation.

No comments:

Post a Comment