Saturday, September 14, 2013

gifts 211-219


This morning I woke up, and both my kids were singing and cheerful. No whining cries, or stubborn outcries, just little voices singing Jesus Loves Me, and an explanation of how to build a tent. in great detail. [gift 211.] I consider this a gift because when my husband is gone away on work, I sometimes get overwhelmed at the daunting task of being with the littles all weekend on my own, i am not a fan of refereeing, and managing screams and nagging, and it does a GREAT wonder, when the kids are peaceful and cheerful. It makes things much more doable.

I also noticed it to be a crisp cool morning as I looked out the window. The kind of air that cleans out your insides, leaving you refreshed and renewed, and the sun is bright as ever, so there is that bit of warmth the cling to, but who doesn't love cozy boots and socks, and pretty scarves to drape yourself in? 
[gift 212.] I enjoyed dressing for the cooler weather, just the simple act of pulling out my gray ugg boots, and helping Ben into his hearty cotton flannel button down, and putting little norah in a cute long sleeve shirt. We had errands to do today, and we dressed appropriately. 

213. hot chocolate! Ben has been begging me to make him some, but I keep putting it off because it just quite didn't seem crisp enough, but today, he cleaned his toy room with an excellent attitude, [214.] without one word of complaining or arguing, and I wanted to bless him for his blessing to me. I brought him some hot cocoa with the tiny white marshmallows and he gave me a big grin. totally worth it. I made some for myself too;)

[215.] face time calls from Mom and Dad English. They live in beautiful California, so far away, but it is such a joyful surprise to get phone calls from them and now with their new purchase of iphones, we can facetime anywhere, in this case, in the middle of Target! It just blesses my spirit that they continue to take the time to invest in both Nathan and me, and their grandchildren.  It's easy to forget or set aside the effort when you live a countryside apart, but they have always made it a priority to invest in the relationship with us, and we feel so loved by them. I know they are Nathan's parents, but I consider them the same, as well as respected friends. 

[216.] cold toes on the bare wood floors, a cool wind that seems to shake our house, but I feel alive and thankful.

[217.] just so aware of God's presence this day, and I am so thankful and joyful that He makes Himself known in this way! Jesus, thank you for being so close today, and blessing me with Your goodness and mercy, and Your joy that fills me up!! You are so worthy of all worship and glory, and i can't help but worship with you with what You have poured into my heart and soul. Everything seems to fade in the background, and I am reminded that You are all I need. You are all I need.

[218.] dark maroon nail polish. another sign that autumn is here.

[219.] peace in our home. the kitchen is clean, with sun blazing through, the bathroom is also clean, however, the living room has piles of blankets and pillows from Ben building forts and creating with his imagination, but it doesn't bother me like it used to. [not that I am super clean or orderly. not at all. I just would get anxious with kid messes anywhere but the toy room.] but it's fine. It's peaceful. there is time to clean it up later. it brings him delight to create. he is only 4 once, I am stepping back to let him at it, and I choose shalom over chaos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment