Sunday, November 8, 2015

1541.-1547

1541. a long day with the kiddos while nathan was at conference. He came home, helped clean up for dinner and then excused himself for a few minutes. I worked on clearing the dishes and the kids would run back and forth giggling saying dad had a fun surprise for me. Finally the kids took me by the hand and made me close my eyes. They led me up the stairs, trying not to trip over strewn toys and old laundry and they stopped at the bathroom door. They shouted with glee, "open your eyes mom!!" Nathan and had drawn a hot bath with tons of bubbles, and lit candles. He even brought the wireless speaker up there and set up to play classic christmas jazz.. he told me to take all the time i wanted and he would finish cleaning up and getting the kids ready for bed. i felt like crying. i was so tired from 3 long days in a row and i know it was long for him too, but it was so kind and thoughtful of him and the kids to serve me that way. I got to take a bath, get alone time, and nathan only came in once to bring me a little container of chocolate chips. HUGE UNDESERVED gift.

1542. ukulele practice. love playing on this tiny instrument and it brings me joy. 

1543. autumn days. the air is breathable and clear, there is color everywhere, and its scarf and sweater season. 

1543. a ride in the car with him who i judged harshly at first, turns out to be an actual solid guy.  I am still shrewd as a snake, but trying to remain harmless as a dove. 

1543. meeting in homes, community, big pots of soup and crusty bread, prayers lifted. this is pleasing to the Father

1544.  tea. tea. tea. and more tea. especially with homemade cream. 

1545. face time calls with CHELSEA, LINDSEY, JEANNE, and LINDSEY!!!! the best gifts!!!

1546. hobnobs. crunchies, bountys. mars. england seems to be the champions of candy bars. they are all great and sometimes nathan brings me home one late at night and it makes my day

1547. confidence, security, rest, and affirmation of who i am in Christ. I am surrounded by brilliance and high achieving successful people, so its easy to feel small and stupid and of little worth, but God has been so faithful and kind to me. He is my portion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment