Monday, November 3, 2014

632.-638

632. I started a phone fast today and i think i love it. I have decided that i am not allowed to have my phone anywhere near me and it can only be settled in one place. Remember when phones used to be on a dock, plugged into the wall? that's the idea i am going for. I am only allowed to check it once, but otherwise, it is only to be used for ingoing and outgoing PHONE calls. that's it. I am so thankful that i have the desire to cut the hold it has on me, let alone do something about it. All praise to Him. And you know what? Starting last night and into today, it's been awesome. I have opened the physical Word of God already more than i normally would have being distracted by that blasted phone.  I have re established a tiny humble reconciliation to my heavenly Father, and He has been so present already. I am floored. I am so excited to see what He does this month and anticipate great things outside of that tiny glowing screen that is making me go blind.

633. I used up the last bit of apple cider that came in a beautiful large glass jug and lid and i am recycling it into my new water jug! Presentation has always been a soft spot for me, and seeing that glistening jug with crystal clear ice cold agua makes me want to reach for it and throw back glug after glug. My goal is one jug a day. Thankful for the chance to revisit the ability to be proactive about my health.

634. speaking of health, i am so thankful to be practicing the fruit of self control in my food habits. November is the month of beginnings, i guess! :) i started small, like my wise friend Tamm suggested and i am cutting out soda at home. i did surprise myself and ordered water when i was at qdoba yesterday, but i like it that i chose to start somewhere. Thank you Jesus for helping me. I also am going to do my best to increase my fruit and veggie intake and make better choices all around.

635. the sermon Rod shared yesterday. wow. What a powerful reminder to again, head to the lowest ground, be the lowliest in spirit, be poor in heart, and be completely in need of Jesus. I love sermons like this. I love them. I always want to learn, to be teachable, be moldeable, and be humbled in every way so that it might make Christ shine all the more brilliantly.

636. thankful to see fruit in my daughter Norah. fruit of gentleness, kindness, and even thoughtfulness and a willingness to serve. Her older brother needed a chair, but did not feel like going all the way upstairs to get the chair. he said he was too lazy. Norah said in her tiny chipmunk voice, "Ben, i'll go get it for you!" And then, she said, "here, take my chair. i will go upstairs and get the chair and i'll use that one." my heart was a puddle.

637. the nail polish color Wooden Shoe Like to Know. i found it! and i'm wearing it. Love the fall color.

638.  grilled onions

1 comment: