Wednesday, January 14, 2015

975.-982

975. letter writing. with an actual pen and paper. i pray that never goes extinct.

976. the smell of granola being crisped up in the oven. i made a little extra this time.

977. shared meals with my family. these are beginning to be of great joy [not that they already weren't] for me, and i love taking the time to prep, cook, and serve my little family a meal. i am taking the time to invest more in it, rather than throwing food on the table, floor, or in front of the tv. i am setting the table with dishes, silverware, and cups. i gather clutter off the table to make room for this hour of supper and fellowship. i try and make more than one thing, like a main, a side, and some sort of fruit or vegetable. i like it. i am learning a lot bout each of my family members just by what gets revealed at the table. this is such a gift to me, as both a wife, mother, and household general manager.

978. unity and peace with my spouse. i do not take it for granted that my husband and i are on the same page and both desire peace and humility in all things. i am thankful we are unified as far as taking the time to communicate, learning how the other works, and choosing to pursue and invest in the marriage. i am so undeserving and understand how quickly marriages can be put under siege, and i am doing my best to cherish the treasure we have found in each other, and walk with a grateful heart.

979. tiny cat naps with liv crawling in my lap, the olders down below playing a riotous game of Cuties with their dad.

979. thankful that my son still loves to cuddle and still asks to be held and drawn into my arms. praying he never loses that tenderness and desire for affection and closeness like his mama.

980. Olive's skin is doing so much better. she had an infection inside her eczema and has been having to take medicine twice a day for it, but it is helping tremendously and she isn't scratching nearly as much. her skin looks soft and approachable once again.

981. learning a lot about the character of God. hadn't taken the time to do that in a long time, but as i read and study, He is making Himself known and I love relearning Him and feeling so small and content next to how big and vast He is. 

982. it is so small, but she, who i once waged war with-at least heart to heart, is slowly taking the time to pursue me and show me her smallness. we take small steps towards each other, and i am thankful to see that only a God of redemption and healing could have orchestrated this-i never ever could have come back on my own. the hurt and anger was enormous, the act of forgiveness was hard, but praise God He works in weak souls like us, and that it is Him doing all the work, i don't have to lean on my own understanding. she asked to connect* with me on social media, for the second time, and i think i am ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment